Friday, June 3, 2011

Decorating Journals

May 17th, 2011 Activity
Mark off in Faith in God:  Serving Others 
and Living and Learning the Gospel

Next Activity:  June 7th - Father's Day Gifts.
(Meet at Sister Jordan's House)




One of the goals of the Activity Girls Program is to help the girls complete  Faith In God.  The Faith in God program encourages the girls to journal so this week I thought it would be fun for them to decorate their own journals.  

We started out with plain wirebound notebooks.  Just the simple one subject ones that kids take to school. I printed out their names in different colors and fonts and  I supplied scrapbook paper,stickers, ,embellishements, decorative scissors and lots of glue.  (I think I need to invest in a few more glue guns!)

I was really impressed with the girls creativity!  They had a lot of fun decorating the journals to suit their own personal style. 






You know the activity is a success when our time is up for the night and the girls ask if we can stay "Just five more minutes?"

0 comments: