Friday, May 20, 2011

A New Calling - Activity Girls

Back in October, I was released from my big calling as Primary President.  Primary is the Children's Organization in our church for children ages 18 mos to 11 years old.  Since then my hubby and I had quietly been serving as Ward Missionaries.  (Assisting the missionaries serving full time missions)  Then Chris, got a new calling as President of the Young Men's Organization which meant I couldn't really serve as a ward missionary anymore.  We don't have any full time female missionaries serving in our ward, and the women aren't allowed to go out with the full time male missionaries unless accompanied by another male.  I don't know if any of that made any sense, but basically it's a lot easier for a female serving as a ward missionary to do so with her husband as her companion.

So anyway.  I was released from my calling as ward missionary.  And extended a new calling.  As Co Activity Days Leader.  Activity Days is a program for the 8-11 year old girls in our church. I was pretty excited because my daughter is currently participating in the program.

My first week with the girls, my co leader prepared the lesson.  Since it was close to Easter she brought some cute Easter crafts for them to make.  Cute door hangers and picture frames.

>




 

I look forward to working with these sweet girls, they are so much fun!

0 comments: