Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Very Belated Birthday Party!

It seems like things are never calm in our household and when Ciara's birthday rolled around this year, our life's were as hectic as usual.  School was coming to an end and baseball and softball was in full swing so we decided to postpone her party till after school finished.  We kept waiting for the calm to arrive, so we could have her party but finally decided if we keep waiting the party may never happen.

So today was the day.  She wanted to help me make a cake so we made two little cakes that we split and then filled with strawberry and buttercream filling.  I covered them with pastel colored fondant and from then on Ciara was the creative director.  She even made some of the fondant flowers - not bad at all for her first attempt!!

 
My fondant was really dry for some reason and I wasn't sure how to fix it, so I had a hard time getting the fondant to lay nice and smooth.  You can see all the cracks that developed.  Thank goodness Ciara wasn't as nitpicky as I was - she loved the finished product and I guess in this instance her opinion was the one that mattered the most!

0 comments: